Edmond Roudnitska, wanted to create a perfume that would be revolutionary and break the trend of sweet perfumes that were dominating the market. The goal was to simplify perfume’s formula and create a perfume that’s simple and luminous. He dreamed of perfume similar to that of the lily of the valley that enveloped his senses when he was resting in his garden. Dior and Roudnitska met in 1955 and made their dream come true in 1956- Diorissimo was created! The perfume was represented by an illustration by René Gruau. According to Christian Dior, Diorissimo is the perfume of his spirit, or, "the scented expression of his soul".
- Top notes: bergamot, leafy green notes, flower calyx note, calycanthus, lemon
- Middle notes: rose, lily of the valley, jasmine, amaryllis, boronia, ylang ylang, lilac, lily, rosemary
- Base notes: civet, sandalwood, rosewood
Diorissimo was available in the following products:
- Eau de Toilette
- Eau de Cologne
Fate of the Fragrance:
Diorissimo was discontinued for many years. But it was reformulated with modern ingredients by Francois Demachy and relaunched in 2009 as part of Dior’s collection Les Creations de Monsieur Dior.
- Top notes: lily of the valley, Mayotte ylang ylang, bergamot, green notes
- Heart notes: lilac, lily, lily of the valley, amaryllis, boronia, rosemary
- Base notes: Egyptian jasmine absolute, white musk, sandalwood, civet
Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorissimo is available as: